Swimming in Lightning..

I've always wanted to go swimming in a lightning storm.

Today I had just reached my destination before the lightning started. I was swimming with a bunch of my friends; we swam from this little beach down to the public dock in Deep Cove, which was quite a long swim. When we finally arrived at the dock and could relieve ourselves from the freezing water, it began to thunder, then lightning and then it down poured.

Here I am with 4 of my friends standing at the end of the dock in our bathing suits in a lightning storm. This created a slight problem: the only way back to our stuff which was now being rained on was by swimming back, or climbing this large hill. You couldn't imagine some of the looks we received running around in our bathing suits, trying to stay warm in the rain storm.

It was quite the adventure!

Comments

Popular Posts