Paint your picture.

The great musician Kurt Cobain once said "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are."

This great quote reminds me of the journey of high school. As a good friend of mine describes her blog "My journey of self discovery." Have you ever noticed that it's much easier to describe someone else's personality but when it comes to yourself, it's a different ball game?

High school is all about finding the true "you" before you head out to the real world. In grade 8, we are not who we want to be, but more who we think others would like us to be. As we mature and progress, we become more and more parallel to our own values and morals.

It's that time of year, where the grads are working on their exit interviews. How do you sum up your entire life; your whole self in such a small amount of time?

Just one year from now I will be in that situation. Figuring out how to present a story of my life, and bid farewell to the school that's been my home for the past 5 years. It's so exciting to be moving on to bigger and better things. There is so much out there to discover, and a whole world to explore. The world is a canvas, paint your picture.

I keep hearing amazing stories of friends of mine who are off to Bates College next year to study international relations, and off to Carleton to study journalism and international affairs. I can't help but wonder where I will be in just over a year? As of now I have no idea. So will it just come to me, or am I going to have to start searching?

Comments

Popular Posts