Dalhousie

Last night I made the decision. It has been known in my heart for quite some time, but now it's official.

I am proud of my choice, and no matter what happens in the next four years, it will be a decision that I will not regret.

I am officially going to Dalhousie.
Halifax, here I come.


I've watched this video at least a dozen times in the past few days. I can't get enough of it.

As I type these words, my fingers are trembling. I just looked it up, and Dalhousie is roughly 6280 kilometers from here. Google maps suggests that it would take 41 days and 22 hours to walk. My fingers tremble not out of fear of becoming homesick, or due to anxiety of living in an entirely new city, but more out of shear excitement for a fresh start.

I think I'm becoming obsessed with the city of Halifax... looking up historical facts, and researching things I can do on my spare time. Although there is no way to predict what will happen to me in the future, I think it is guarunteed that I am in for one hell of a journey.

It was in June last year that I remember sitting on Citadel Hill in complete serenity, where I was granted the inspiration for this post. I look forward to more moments like this.

So, I guess, the countdown begins: 107 days until move in


And now, back to the West Coast... after 18 years of being a British Colombian, I am finally heading to Salt Spring Island. I can't wait to explore.

Comments

Popular Posts