A toast to my parents


It's been 25 years today since my parents were married in Taber, Alberta.

December 5th, 1987

At age 18, it's difficult for me to fathom that they have been married for two and a half decades.

There was one drunken night in my dorm room, that my roommate Sandy, Holly and I were talking about our parents.  We thought, genuinely, that we each have the best parents in the world. Technically speaking that is not possible, but in each of our own paradigms, our parents are unbeatable. We talked about how much we have taken for granted what our parents do for us on a daily basis. We talked about how much shit our parents put up with. We talked about how unbelievably hard our parents work for us. We talked about how much constant love and support our parents shower us in. We talked about how our parents would go to the end of the earth and back for us. We talked about how none of us would be here at university without our parents. And most of all, we talked about how much our parents mean to us, even if we don't always show it.

Here's a toast to my amazing parents, and to 25 happy years of marriage!

25th Anniversary trip to Greece, Spain and Turkey.
A Hawaiian luau.
On their daughter's grad night.

Father's Day Quarry Rock Hike 
Rollerblading the Sea Wall
New York, New York
With the Statue of Liberty.
A cute selfy!
Whisler, BC

 I love you Cheech and Terr! See you in 10 days.

Comments

Popular Posts