Travel Memoirs, to be continued

I started this blog on May 20th, 2010. I distinctly remember the moment, sitting in the tiny Bellingham airport with my mother as we embarked on our trip to San Diego that was my 16th birthday present.

That moment reminds me of right now. I sit here in the slightly larger Halifax airport, anticipating the departure of my aircraft to meet my father in New York. 

I remember feeling so unbelievably excited to spend the weekend just me and my mommy. Today, I feel just as incredibly delighted to be spending the weekend just me and my daddy.

"Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present"... that's the name I came up with in the Bellingham airport as I prepared to document my travels. I wasn't completely new to the blogging world. During the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games I kept a blog of my Olympic endeavours, but it took the inspiration of travel before I convinced myself to start a personal blog. 

Today as I sit in a similar situation to May 20th, 2010, on the opposite side of the continent, I hope to continue my collection of travel memoirs. Let us see what New York brings.



Comments

Popular Posts