On Letting Go

I've recently started a new job with a wonderful little company. It's an organization stacked with great people. One of whom is the HR person who works unimaginably hard and goes above and beyond to recognize the employees for their work. Anyhow.. this wonderful woman sometimes selects quotes to share with the team. This morning's really resonated with me:

"Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go."

Photo taken on a recent post-work adventure to this
stunning (undisclosed) location outside of Radium Hot Springs.

Like most people (I imagine), I am a lover of Autumn. There's something so rejeuvenating about the air at this time of year. My friend and I were out for a bike ride yesterday, amidst the yellowing larches, and commenting on how nourished our skin was feeling. How healthy that crisp air feels passing through our lungs. How nurtured our souls are.

What a treat to live in a climate where Fall is not synonymous with endless rainfall. Seeing the sun on consecutive days in October is still a novelty to me.

"Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go."

Learning to let go and release resentments or liberate any stewing negativity is something I've been working on. My training in cognitive behavioural therapy has helped me to understand the connection between thoughts, emotions, and behaviours and how to be more in control of the cyclical nature of these.

So today, like the larches who will soon be releasing their needles back to the earth, I too am letting go.

Comments

Popular Posts