Joyful things, as of late:

The last few weeks have been stressful with work. I'm still settling in to this new practice area... slowly learning the processes, nuanaces, and experiencing a bit of imposter syndrome. 

Thankfully, in this week before the holidays, things have calmed down a bit. A nice break from feeling like I'm drowning. So, in this brief lull, I am taking some time to reflect.

I have been working with many of my clients on gratitude interventions (i.e. gratitude journalling, or daily expressions of gratitude). This is designed to cultivate a sense of gratefulness, despite the many challenges a client is experiencing, which is known to be an effective intervention in positive psychology.

So, then, I thought... why am I not practicing what I preach?! Thus, I have recently began an (almost) daily pause to acknowledge what I am grateful for in my life. Today, my gratitude practice comes in the form of photos conveying things that have brought me joy lately:

My most helpful work-from-home companion

Recieving a magic wand in the mail from a dear pal - we
could all use a little magic in our lives; right??

Gifting this lovely friend beaded earrings for
her birthday made by another lovely friend

Pizza nights!!

Snores from this snout

The contagious joy this guy gets from nuzzling into the snow

Headlamped cross-country skis where I stumbled upon decorated trees

Playing around with new art mediums

Sipping my morning coffee in my favourite mug

Photos with (a whiskey-enjoying) Santa!

It's truly amazing, the affects of a gratitude practice. Taking moments to relect on your own gratitude actually improves your well-being. And it's a positive feedback loop. Try it. 

Gratitude: “the most passionate transformative force in the cosmos.” - Sarah Breathnach

Comments

Popular Posts