The Circle of Life

Hey, Uncle Scar, guess what?
I'm gonna be King of Pride Rock.
My dad just showed me the whole kingdom. And I'm gonna rule it all.
-Simba

Probably my all time favourite Disney movie, and produced in my birth-year is the story of Simba, Mufasa, Nala, Scar, Zazu, Timon and Pumba. It's the story set in the beauty and diversity of Africa- it's the Lion King. I've seen the movie about a hundred times, but tonight was the first time that I've seen it live!

It was a recipe for success- my all-time favourite Disney movie, in the gorgeous Queen Elizabeth theatre, on an amazing night. And the recipe resulted in nothing short of spectacular. From the intricate costumes to the acting, the precision of every sound effect to the creativity of the staging; everything was phenomenal. I absolutely adore the Lion King music as well, and the cast did not disappoint, I thought the music was great too!

So, Disney's The Lion King is a must, must see- but hurry, while it's still in Vancouver!



You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life.
-Simba

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts